January 31, 2009

First Doctor Appointment

Yesterday we had our first doctor's appointment and everything looks great! The due date is estimated to be August 18th at this point and the ultrasound confirmed that I am approximately 11 weeks. There has been one scare at this point in the fact they have classified the pregnancy as "high risk" because of Mom's previous back surgery and other medical conditions. We later found out there are no complications with the pregnancy and they don't anticipate any in the near future, but they are playing it safe for the months to come. It was an amazing experience to view the ultrasound screen, the baby was rolling around and even moving his/her arm and hand up and down as if he/she were waving to us. It amazed me even more to know how much the little one is moving inside of me and I don't even feel it yet! :) Overall, I have been pretty tired and nauseous, but it will all be worth it in the end. Although, in the past week I have noticed I am starting to get some of my energy back and the nauseous only comes in "waves" rather than all day, so things are starting to look up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment