August 10, 2009

Isabella Grace

Isabella is finally here! I have also discovered I am not so great at keeping up on a blog...sorry! Isabella entered this world on July 31, 2009 at 9:47 PM. She weighed 7 lbs. 3 oz. and was 19 inches long.

At 6:49 AM, I rolled over in bed and told Jason, "I think my water broke, either that, or I peed my pants!" At that point I waited a little while to be sure and then called my sister to see what she thought. She asked if I called my midwife yet and I told her I decided to call her first. She suggested I call the midwife, so I did. I was then told to go right to the labor and delivery floor at the hospital, but since I wasn't feeling any contractions, I decided to take a shower, put on my makeup and pack my bag. Jason kept asking, "shouldn't we be going?" I let him know we had some time. Once we arrived at the hospital, I was given antibiotics and a pill to help speed things up. Not much happened for quite some time, but then after the second dose of the pill, things happened rather quickly. I started to have contractions in the form of back labor...how miserable. After about two hours of that, I decided to opt for an epidural. What a relief! I was able to relax and have a good time with the family. I did need to be "topped off" a little while later and then when they checked to see where I was, I was dilated to a 9 and almost ready to start pushing. Once the pushing started, it took three good pushes and Isabella entered the world!!!
We both are very blessed to have such a beautiful healthy little girl! Hope you enjoy some of the pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment